When it comes to Electric Vehicle chargers, we always prefer the ones that are durable and offer quick charging.
Another factor that most of us consider while choosing an EV charger is about how well-engineered it is to elongate battery’s life and performance. For this, whatever manufacturer you choose, the method to use is almost the same. We have BougeRV’s which is a multinational manufacturer of EV accessories and parts.
They have manufactured well-engineered chargers with a performance that is rightly up to the mark, starting with the j1772 EV charger:
#1. J1772 EV Charger
The j1772 EV charger is a fine example of durability and stable charging. It features a durable mechanism with a Nema 14-50 show, a 25 ft long cable and a charger mount (j1772).
With its working phenomenon, J1772 EV charger when compared with others results in exceptional results:
- It is .5x times faster than level 1
- And .2x faster than 16A
The charging rate comes out to be 7.2 kw/hour which equates to approximately 23 miles per hour of charge. Also, with the standard protocol, J1772 EV charger cable is compatible with a number of electric vehicles with J1772 EV charger plug switched in such as BMW, Chevy Volt, Fiat, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Prius Prime, Mitsubishi, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid and a lot more.
Talking about the J1722 EV charger’s performance when used for long hours, we get to see overheat and overcurrent protection, thanks to its rugged and robust cable that is compatible with overvoltage, too.
Overall, the J1722 EV charger is compact and durable and can be used indoor or outdoor purposes. You can easily carry it in your suitcase and charge your EV on the go! Last but not least, the 32A J1722 EV charger cable features a 1-year warranty which you can claim easily via live chat or an email connect.
How to use the J1772 EV Charger?
Using the compact designed charger isn’t much difficult; here’s how to start using it:
- Firstly, specify the place where you want to charge. If its home, make sure that you have 3kW or 7kW connection over there. The 7kW connection costs more and requires half the time to fully charge an EV. No worries if you’re at a public charging spot, as the how-to principle is the same for both:
- Start by pushing the bottom on the connector to lift it out of the holster.
- Later, plugin the connector to your EV and press the blue button to start charging. You can check your EV to see whether it is charging or not (we have indicator lights on the dashboard to identify)
- Relax or go out, and as you get back, tap out and watch out for the fees (if you’re at a public station).
- Don’t forget to unplug the connector and put it back in the holster, enjoy driving!
After a detailed discussion on j1772 EV charger performance and working mechanism, here we are with Level 2 EVSE ev charger which is a guru in compatibility. The best part part of its performance is that it offers you 3x the charging speed in comparison to your car’s original charger. About the specs, it can boost up to 240V and up to 16A. Plug-and-play feature is something unique, you plugin the cable and the EV starts charging.
Here are a few key features that has made this EVSE charger, a best-pick:
- Faster Charging Speeds: BougeRV level 2 charger, as mentioned earlier, is designed to charge vehicles 3x faster than standard (level 1) chargers.
- Practical and Robust: The level 2 charger features faster charging with NEMA 6-20 plug at 240V. For lower power flow, it has free standard 110v 5-15P adapter that is designed for level 1 charging.
- Portability: The plugs packed in are compatible with major EVs that has J1772 EV charger connectors, and can be packed in your suit-case front pockets.
- Compatibility: Last but not least, it is compatible with 2010-2018 Nissan Leaf, Nissan eNV-2000, Porsche Cayenne S-E, Porsche Panamera S-E, Smart Electric Drive, Mitsubishi iMiev, Karma Fisker, Tesla Model 2, 3 and X (with the basic adapter), Toyota Prius and a number of BMW EVs.
How to use level 2 EVSE Charger:
Similar to j1772 EV charger, using this level 2 EVSE charger is easy as 1-2-3
- Firstly, specify the place where you want to charge your EV. If you’re at home, no worries if you have got 3kW or 7kW connection over there. However, the 7kW connection costs more and requires half the time to fully charge an EV. No worries if you’re at a public charging station, as the later steps are almost the same:
- Push the button on the connector to lift out of the holster. (same as j1772):
- Later, plugin the connector to your EV and press the blue button to start charging. You can check your EV to see whether it is charging or not (we have indicator lights on the dashboard to identify).
- Go out and relax, come back and ask for the fees (if you’re at a public station):
- Don’t forget to unplug the connector and put it back in the holster, enjoy driving.
The Bottom Line
With any of these two chargers in hand, you can almost charge any EV out there. BougeRV has been manufacturing quality equipment for solar power, electric vehicles and the Tesla vehicles. Their accessories have durability and compatibility as the finest features of all. The chargers, J1772 charger and level 2 EVSE chargers have excellent performances from start to finish and are worth a try if you are looking for a charger that is durable and portable at the same time.